2008-12-10

Alfred Hitchcock: Vertigo (1958)


Now, here we have another director that I appreciate very much! I love his older English season and I love his American productions. I've collected every of them except some silent movies.
But. I don't understand this film. It's a riddle for me why this Vertigo is so famous and respected?
I can't believe to it's story. It's silly. And it's quite boring to watch James Stewart wandering and driving here and there.
I guess that the only reason why Alfred Hitchcock made this film is Kim Novak.

SOME BAD NEWS:

No niin, tässäpä toinen ohjaaja, jota arvostan mittaamattomasti! Hänen Englannin kautensa työt ja Amerikan kautensa tuotannot muodostavat ylittämättömän vuon viihde-elokuvia. Olen kerännyt ne kaikki lukuunottamatta joitakin mykkäelokuvia.
Mutta. Tätä leffaa en ymmärrä. Minulle on täysi arvoitus, miksi Vertigo on niin kuuluisa ja arvostettu?
Tarina on epäuskottava. Se on typerä. Ja on jokseenkin tylsää katsella James Stewartia vaeltelemassa ja ajelemassa ympäriinä.
Luulenpa, että ainoa syy, miksi Alfred Hitchcock ylipäänsä teki tämän elokuvan, on Kim Novak.

No comments: